Do you know that make-up called “no make-up make-up”? It’s a fairly straightforward technique in which you apply concealer, color corrector, bronzer, foundation, eyeliner, mascara, a tinge of blush, highlighter, translucent powder, and nude lipstick to make it appear, in fact, that you are wearing nothing at all.
Here are expert tips for fresh, flawless makeup that looks, well, like you’re not wearing makeup:
- Moisture start: So that makeup blends in easily‚ first use micellar water to clean and gently exfoliate your face (my personal favorite is Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water).
- Conceal any flaws: For visible breakouts or deep undereye circles, use a pigment-rich concealer. For blemishes, dab, blend, and build up coverage in thin layers. For dark circles, swipe the wand under your eyes, then pat with a finger to blend (I recommend ABH neutral 3.0).
- In case of oily skin: If your skin gets shiny, follow with an oil-absorbing powder (Note: If your skin is very oily, skip the tinted moisturizer and use only concealer and powder). Apply the powder using a brush and a circular motion; this will leave an undetectable veil of cover-up (my pick BareMinerals Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15).
- Pick a warm cheek color: Cream blushes in warm peaches or pinks give skin a natural, subtle flush. I personally use powder blushes from Catrice because of my skin type.
- Shade eyelids: A soft, brownish tint enhances your eyes natural contours without showing up as shadow. Choose a shade slightly darker than your skin. For extra eye brightening, apply to the centers of the lids, the brow bones, and the inner corners of the eyes (I am love with Sleek MakeUP eyeshadows).
- Subtly amp up lips: To get a pretty tint (that also lasts), pick a shade that matches your lips exactly and press the color into your lips with your fingertip rather than applying it directly from the tube. Concentrate it in the center and blend out (I use MAC products).
- Enhance lashes: Defined lashes are essential, even for a no-makeup look. You can forfeit shadow and liner but never mascara (Try the Mineralize Multi-Effect Mascara from MAC).
Last but not least – shape your eyebrows! Perfectly groomed eyebrows balance your features and frame your eyes.